Friday, December 16, 2011

the hole in my heart...

ah i know that the title of this post is a little quite dramatic but seriously...there is a little hole in my heart.

i love living in ny so much!! i wouldn't trade it for anything. however, i would trade some things to have my friends be a little more accessible.

maybe i've seen to much sex in city or something but i'm longing for girls night out or shopping on the weekends or even drinking tea and watching some stupid girly movie. i know it sounds so silly but i long to walk out of my room and have one of my best friends be through the kitchen and sitting in her own room waiting for me to bug her. or pick up my phone to text my friends who live right down the street or even next door...18 steps away!...and say meet me in five. i wanna make plans for the weekend. and it's really not about the plans, it's about the people i would be making the plans with. i think so far that is the hardest part about being in this city. i just wish they were a little closer. all of this probably just sounds like whining...but part of me feels like i'm missing out on the lives of my friends...if that makes any sense. it does in my head at least.

also, i'd never admit to having the "christmas tingle" because lets face it i enjoy being a grinch but i will say that christmas has gotten to me in a special way this year. it's made me long for family and friends even more. i want them all around me. i don't want gifts i just want friends, family, laughter, and hugs...okay ha that was taking it a bit far lol but i think you get the idea.

oh and i know at some point my sister will see this and i just want to let her know she is also a friend and thus why i try to convince her all the time to come visit and stay with me.

well for now i have sassy (my cat for those of you who don't know). so i will sip wine and she will listen to me talk as we watch elf again for the 10th time this week.

1 comment:

  1. aw danielle this kind of breaks my heart... so both of our hearts have little holes. (little dramatic, but i think when we're together our dramatic selves cancel eachother out, leaving us not dramatic at all!) ha maggie logic, always works. i miss you. i'm glad you got the tingle this year. now that the holidays have come and gone, i will definitly need to come to the city. i will seriously look at my calandar and we will make a weekend happen. it neeeeds to!! this is silly already. I hope life is treating you well and I know 2012 will bring great things for you (i first typed 2010...that was wrong...) haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete