Friday, December 24, 2010

beginning to look a lot like...free time, and cake

ahh it's been awhile. and a lot has happened!
i really want to try and update this blog on a daily basis. as a matter of fact i'm making that my new goal after christmas. i'd like to update at least every other day, which should be no problem considering...I GRADUATED!! thats right i graduated, which means i will have lots and lots of time for...well things like updating my blog. ha.i'd also like to note that i am updating from my new macbook pro that has a full creative suite on it including...photoshop cs5! which i am pumped about. the computer was a gift from my grandparents and parents and i am so thankful to them for it. its a good computer that i can use professionally for the next few years. i also should have plenty of time to really take a plunge into my art and keep you updated along the way!

me and my baby graduating together! the way we filed in i was suppose to be the last name called but he was a sweetheart and switched with me :)



my sisters!! well the one on the left is and the other is my best friend lyndsey, who was my surprise for the day!! she's like my sister because we have been there for each other through everything! it's really great when you have a true friendship that is completely self-less no matter what the situation! love you guys<3

when i'm not enjoying my new found free time i'm working my butt off in the bakery at well i don't think i should say the companies name but they would like to be known as a high class grocery store. which around the holiday is not fun and really draining. i have bruises all over my body from squeezing in between racks and racks of cakes and pies and pastries. thats the worst thing about working around the holiday...we make so much product and the space is so tiny that there is NO room to move anywhere!! not too mention we store so much product away. so it was just wonderful news to find out the other day that all the chocolate cake we made and iced were no put away properly and all were freezer burned!! so myeight and a half hour shift consisted of nothing but icing chocolate cakes like a mad women. i had planned to do some baking for the holidays, i had drawn a little sketch for a holiday cake, but work has kinda ruined that for me. when i come home the last thing i want to see is cake or cookies or frosting of any kind. i'm actually starting to be repulsed by it...especially chocolate icing. uh.
so i need to run now and put together some last min holiday baskets but i hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...and at all cost avoid getting sick if you can because i am...and it's not fun.



i am very happy to be spending the holiday with my family!! especially my little friend kayle!!



i'm sad however that we will be missing one family member this christmas. rip kody<3
we miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment